Write for us and with us!
Do you want to write for TokenInsight? You've come to the right place. Please fully read these guidelines before submitting a piece to our editorial team.
Important note: Our publication queue for contributed articles can be up to 1-2 weeks long. To ensure our article backlog doesn't grow, we publish only the most useful articles for our audience; accordingly, we tend to be selective depending on the current crypto and blockchain market trends.
IMPORTANT: TokenInsight focuses on Crypto, DeFi, Analysis, News & Blockchain-related content (and on some topics that broadly apply to all Blockchain and finance). The following are the topics TokenInsight covers. If the subject of your contributed "how to" article or thought-leadership piece (see the next section on those and other content types) does not relate to one of the following, we're unlikely to consider it for publication. Do think of these, however, as broad categories rather than narrow topics:
- Project Tokenomics
- Market & Industry Analysis
- Project analysis
- Political & regulatory impact on Crypto or blockchain industry
Here's a list of what we publish from guest contributors:
- Current affair for our website, social media channels or newsletter
- Podcast episodes during which we interview guests
- Summaries of research findings based on polls, surveys, and research studies conducted by individuals in the domain, academia, and other researchers
- Bylined thought-leadership articles (op/ed-type pieces), but we accept only those that offer particularly valuable opinions, insights, and views that can't easily be found elsewhere
We get a lot of submissions. Following these guidelines will increase your chances of getting your article published in TokenInsight:
- Write from an objective viewpoint and convey valuable information to the reader. Focus on practical advice, actionable tips, and useful know-how about a specific topic or approach to blockchain (see topic list, above). Bullet points are good. Meandering text is not.
- Use a fresh, approachable voice. You are a person writing for other people. Sound like one.
- Offer clear takeaways for our (and your) audience—mostly retail crypto users, by the way. And remember that little voice Ann Handley talks about in Everybody Writes: "Nobody has to read this." So, make us want to read it.
- Articles should be at least 800-1,000 words, but not much more than 1,200 or so. Feel free to include images, charts, graphs, and the like—but only if they help convey a point and support your findings.
- Articles must be original to the author.
- Include a brief bio of 25 words, including LinkedIn and Twitter contact info, if available, and the contributor’s profile picture you’d like us to use for you can be either a graphic or a recent headshot (NOT closely cropped: please make sure the upper half of your torso is also in the picture. Also, no profile views: only front view—i.e., looking straight ahead at the camera).
- Include relevant links immediately preceding the words to be linked (the anchor text); do not embed the links in the anchor text (but feel free to underline that anchor text).
- Submit articles as Microsoft Word files, sent as email attachments (not as a PDF or other file type; not as a Google Doc or similar format link; and not pasted into the body of your email).
- If you submit an article that mentions businesses or companies in which you have a vested interest, disclose as much to us and the audience.
If your article is accepted for publication, we will inform you; expect to hear from us within a week or two of our having received your email.
If we don't accept your article, you may hear from us, depending on how crowded our inbox is.
If you haven't followed the above guidelines, you likely won't hear back.
- We don’t publish articles that lack objectivity and promoting a specific project, nor do we publish press releases (but if your release is about research—surveys, polls, etc.—do look at the "How to Get Your Research Covered on TokenInsight," below).
- Your article will be edited for clarity and brevity, and to conform to the TokenInsight house style.
- We will probably change your headline, too, so you might want to suggest alternatives.
- The author retains copyright and may republish the article on his/her personal or company blog or site after the article has been published on TokenInsight. In such cases, we ask that you cite TokenInsight and link to the original article on our site.
- TokenInsight may also reprint your piece, or excerpts from it, with full attribution, in TokenInsight products, including marketing materials.
- We do not pay guest contributors for their articles.
- Our article queue is long, and publication can take up to 1 month.
If you have findings from Blockchain-related research to share, send an email to Research Writer Adam with a link to or PDF of the research. Include "Contributor Program" in the subject line.If our content & research team chooses to cover your research, one of our team members will likely reach out directly for more information.