Market Capitalization, also known as circulating market capitalization, is one of the metrics used to measure the relative size of a cryptocurrency. It is calculated by multiplying the token/coin Price by Circulating Supply.
Market Capitalization = Current Price x Circulating Supply
Circulating Supply is the best approximation of the number of coins that are circulating in the market and in the general public's hands.
Max Supply is the best approximation of the maximum amount of coins that will ever exist in the lifetime of the cryptocurrency.
We have a detailed and publicly open-sourced rating methodology to ensure that our ratings meet three basic principles: independence, objectivity, and fairness.
Note that the actual process does not strictly follow the listing process. Below is a general and rough rating guideline for you to intuitively understand our business better.
- Collect project information via our due diligence sheet from the target project.
- Run our rating model by utilizing the data collected.
- Complete the pre-rating process, which gives an initial rating score, and discusses with our client for additional information we need.
- Re-run our rating model by utilizing the additional data provided.
- Complete the draft report version, and send it to the project for facts checking and verification of the final result.
- Adjust the discrepancies if necessary, and then publish the official report on our channels.
For a more detailed methodology, please also refer to the Rating section of the methodology on this topic.
Please refer to the Listings Criteria section of the methodology for detailed information on this topic.
TokenInsight divided all listed cryptocurrencies and projects into 3 tiers. Tracked, Verified, and Unverified. Each tier's definition is shown as follows:
- Unverified Listing: Projects that meet our Listing Guidelines 1-3 and their price data, supply data, and basic information were processed and revealed automatically rather than being reviewed by the TokenInsight Research team.
- Verified Listing: Projects that meet our Listing Guidelines 1-5 and price data, supply data, and basic information are processed and reviewed by our analysts. Verified projects are marked by a tick beside the project's name on the cryptocurrency page (Currently, the tick only shows up on our recently-added page. )
- Tracked Listing: Projects that meet our Listing Guidelines 1-7 and exhibit strengths in a number of areas of our Rating Model.
Our bots update our data based on a variable schedule. We update our information whenever possible as scheduled below, subject to rate limits imposed by data providers.
- 1.Price, trading volume, and market capitalization - Updated every 1 to 10 minutes
- 2.Circulating Supply - Updated every 5 minutes
- 3.Blockchain information (Mining difficulty, total blocks, transactions per second, etc) - updated every 1 hour
We have some listing criteria on Methodology docs that you can access for a check. If your project fulfills our criteria, fill out our listing application via listing.tokeninsight.com.